Monday, January 18, 2010

Using Google Trends on The Work At Home Experiment

We are all aware of the current events in Haiti and the Haiti earthquake and seen scenes of what is happening to the Haiti earthquake victims, especially in Port Au Prince. There is a Mass senate race that is apparently pretty close. The situation with Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno and the Tonight show, I have heard, is in chaos. The Golden Globes are full of activity and picture taken of the ugliest dresses. Something is going on with the vikings. We have had another Martin Luther King Jr. day. I don't know about Scott Brown or the Australian Open. But what do all these things have in common, and why do i mention them in such a random way ?

It is because, at least at the time of this writing, they happen to be the TOP 10 topics listed in Google Trends.

I overheard this conversation about how some the affiliate owners in CPALead, the comapny I just joined up with for making money on my blog, are all talking about. They weren't really talking about the topics themselves, but rather about Google Trends itself and how to use it. One particular chatter (since this was actually a chat room I was in) just happened to make over $4000 today. Yes, I said $4000. Three zeros. And it isn't even 10pm yet. Absolutely amazing !

But he didn't mention exactly HOW he did it. So I thought I would try my own experiment. I just did it at the top of this post. I mentioned at least one time all of the topics listed in the Top 10 of the Google Trends page.

There are also the Top 10 searches listed. As part of the experiment, let me try to mention those next. Let's see. Chan Gaily is listed. And I have no idea who Chan Gaily is. But I mentioned Chan Gaily twice didn't I ? NOPE, just now, THREE times.

Mike Nolan, another person who I am completely out of touch with is listed second at the moment. Isaved your life ? Or rather "isaved your life" with the "I" next to the "s" with no space ? I don't why, but it IS there. Oh yes, there is the CNN Help Haiti, because of the live telethon, I'm sure.

More on Haiti, the Haiti earthquake Duration was listed as number five.

Does anyone know what the Codger Definition is ? Codger and Codger definition both are listed. I think it might have something to do with earthquakes.

And so i can get this post up to see if it works, I will just list the last three. Charlie Baggett, Eclipse Awards, and Mike Greenberg.

Now let's post this thing and see if it does one of two things, or both. Boost traffic naturally to this blog, or most hopefully increase revenues by someone coming here and clicking on an ad.

I will post the results either tomorrow or the next day, depending on when my earnings are updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment