Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another Cool Site That Makes Money, But I'm Doing It Just For Fun

First off, I have to say that I am having a couple of computer problems. My A/C chord is all jacked up and it is really hard to keep my battery charged. And right now I can't afford to buy a new one, which costs about $30 or so. So it IS kinda difficult to do these posts and everything else all at once. If you can donate to this blog just a little so I can at least get a new chord, I'd really appreciate it. You can do that via the PayPal link with a credit card or your own PayPal account. Thank you so much if you do !

Otherwise, I was looking around other places to start posting the link to this blog to start trying to push the traffic to it. And of course, the more traffic you get, the more you have people clicking on links, and the more money you make with the Google AdSense program.

I decided to use Google, of course, to start searching. The search term I typed into Google was "work at home". Brought up all kinds of sites and I started exploring to see where I could post my site, or join sites and
have a profile created with my blog link in it. All depends on each sites independent rules. Some call it spamming if you post like that.

One of the sites that caught my eye was a pretty neat site called myLot.com And yes, they actually advertise their brand name with a lower case "m". I guess you could say it is like a MySpace or Facebook in the sense that it is a social networking site. What is way different is that they actually PAY you for participating in the social network. MySpace and Facebook don't do that at all !

Now, it isn't like you are going to rich over night or anything. But just like eveything else that makes money on the web, it is just another small stream of income that you can throw into the pot and add to all the other streams of income. Then hopefully you end up with one large pot that you can live on. Kinda of like using different affiliate companies. You get a little from this one, get a little from that one. And just keep adding until you make enough all together you can afford to weed ones out that don't make as much and take up too much time. You choose who your ultimate winners are in the long run.

Anyway, I thought it was kinda of neat. They have a particular algorithm they use to determine how much you get paid for your participation. I don't quite know how it works, but I am sure I will find out as I go along and see how much I get paid for my own participation. But when you post questions, or post answers to someone else's questions, it starts to build up on the money. So general participation is one way you get paid with myLot.com

You can also perform what they call "tasks". This is when someone who is a myLot member wants to promote a site, or get someone to take a survey, or do research for them. ould be any number of things. You can find out what it is they want done, how much they are going to pay for it, and decide if you want to it or not. This can be good or bad. I did one that was really quick and received my payment to my myLot account immediately. I did another one that was a really long survey, and it was a little confusing. So the task benefits are on a case by case scenario. Otherwise, it IS pretty cool as well. So this is the second way you can make money with mylot.com

I think there might be a couple of more ways to earn, but I can't remember. I do have a link for them if you woukld like to sign up as well. I was actually impressed with the usefulness of the site and plan to explore more in depth. One thing to keep in mind though is, when you sign up, they have you go through a "wizard" to assess what your interests are. I chose WAY too many, since I didn't know what I was doing, and it took me a couple of hours choosing topics before I came to be REALLY annoyed and impatient with it. I would say just to chose five or so and then skip the rest. Or choose one from each catagory. You will know what I am yalking about when you get to that part. You can always skim through the different topics and choose more or delete more as you wish. After you get through that part, it is a breeze.

Two more things before I finish this post. They pay you through PayPal, which is great ! Be sure to, if you don't have on already, to sign up for PayPal. If you don't have a regular bank account, be sure to read my archived post about signing up with PayPal for some really useful information.

And the second thing is, if you sign up using my click through on the right, I will receive the equivalent of 25% of what YOU earn as well ! So you can do the same thing, even invite friends through email like you would any other social network site like MySpace or Facebook. Not bad for being COMPLETELY FREE ! Get what you earn and 25% of what your referred friends earn as well. That COULD add up, couldn't it ?

Please donate if you can with the PayPal button in the upper right hand of this site. I REALLY need a new computer charge chord ! Thank you !

No comments:

Post a Comment