Monday, January 11, 2010

First Craigslist Ad Added To Promote My Work At Home Experiment

The first post of the day. And say "of the day" because I plan on posting at least a couple of more times today. Had a late night last night perusing Google and adding the Craigslist ad I posted about last time. Found out a few interesting things I think.

First of all, be careful what time you go to post on Craigslist. I posted my ad late Sunday evening. And I posted it in the "small business ads" area of their "services" area. At first glance, i didn't think it would get much traffic in that area. But when I got up this morning, I found quite a few other types of business opportunities listed. Most seem to be in the brick-n-mortar area, either selling a shop or other type of regular business. And still a few of the work at home online type of businesses that I would either consider to be scams, or just people like us trying to find an opportunity that works for them. One of them caught my eye, which I will talk about in a moment.

I posted my ad for this blog TryToWorkAtHome.blogspot.com and it shows up as the fourth ad. Keep in mind, this was late Sunday evening, or early Saturday morning. So it shows up as fourth from the bottom of January 11th. Now there are a bunch of other posts that came in later on top of mine. So I am wondering if
my ad is even getting noticed. I am hoping that people that are posting ads here are also taking the time to look at mine. But I am assuming that not all people are like me, looking at all the other ads for ideas. So I believe I will have to post every day, and probably several times a day. And maybe have to get a few email addresses to did since you have to open a free account with Craigslist to post anyway.

Checked the AdSense traffic for this blog as well. Quite a few more impressions have been added, but no real change on the estimated earnings. Still at $0.83. Hopefully, that will go up soon, but it depends on how many people visit this blog and how many people click on ads.

It's almost noon:30, I have done a bit of research online since I woke and I have had at least 1 cup of coffee. Finishing the second cup and getting ready to take a shower.

I will talk about that home based business opportunity that I mentioned in the next post that I hope to have up in a couple of hours.

Until then, please donate to this blog if you can via the PayPal link above in the right upper right hand of this page with your own PayPal account or credit card. Any amount is appreciated ! Thank you !

No comments:

Post a Comment