Friday, January 15, 2010

Marketing For The Work At Home Experiment

Just a couple of things to update on today.  Nothing extraordinary, but very useful.

I mentioned in previous posts that I had finally signed up with Facebook.  I have been going through setting that up and adding a few "friends" and what-not, trying to get that marketing fire going.  I'm sure it will take awhile, so better to start now than later.

Checked my in-text advertising service, Infolinks, and already have about $0.24 in my account !  So I know it is being registered and started.  And again, I have to say, it is soooo very cool that they pay through PayPal !  I wish Google AdSense would do the same thing as an option, at least !

Speaking of Google AdSense, I looked around for a place to communicate with Google on that issue of the spike in impressions and CTR (click through rate).  I wanted to make sure I contacted them because, since I am just getting started with this journey, I don't want to be shut down before I get to first base.  That would REALLY suck.  I did and sent them a message with the date and states and my concerns.  I also heard other
people talking about it in the forum and FAQ section.  Fraudulent CTR is definitely a bad thing, and can get you shut down.  Once it is shut, you do NOT get it back.

Thus far, though, I have made about $3.65 in estimated earnings at this point.  Low, but I will take it.  It can still only go up from there !

Next in the earnings area is my myLot account.  If you recall, this is the social networking site, like Facebook and Myspace, but actually pays you for your participation.  I participated in a couple of small "tasks" and posted about six statements and so far (drum roll, PLEASE !) $0.27.  I have to add that I AM really excited about this site because of the 25% referral commission one can receive.  If you play your cards right, and have QUALITY posters that are participating and are your referrals, you can probably make a good $50 - $200 a month over time.  Just don't expect to get rich quick and don't get frustrated when you your posts are too long and you think you should receive a big tidy sum for your efforts.  Just go there, have fun, and get paid over time !  It IS worth it to spend a little time there everyday.

So far, it looks like a grand total of  $4.16 !  Not counting profits from Second life.

In the next post, I think I will give an update on my Second Life sim experience.

Until then, please donate to this blog via the PayPal link in the upper right hand of this page using your credit card or PayPal account.  Thank you !

1 comment: