Friday, January 8, 2010

Continuing The First Stage - The Work At Home Experiment

I'm trying to play "catch up" at the moment to give you the run down on what I have done so far, and then be able to post day by each action I do so you can you can follow along. And trying to explain that right now is making my posts rather long. I would like to keep them short and sweet, but that is a little difficult at this time. So bare with me !

So...what have we talked about so far ?

1) How I came up with MY idea in the first place.
2) Creating a blog or website.
3) Google AdSense, and other links just briefly.

So let's talk again about the Google AdSense program. I set up my blog which you are reading now. The ease with which Google has made things is just SPECTACULAR, in my humble opinion. But first, to get the blog, I had to make a Gmail address, the email address through Google. Just as easy as setting up a Yahoo or Hotmail address. Just follow the instructions and input the info that they ask for. OK ! Done !

Now go to Blogspot.com or Blogger.com and go to where you can create a blog. Follow their instructions, just like with the email, input the info and BOOM ! You now have your initial set up done for your blog. Of course, this is assuming you have thought of what you wanted to write about and the name of your blog already decided on. If you haven't done so, do that first because they are going to ask you for it.

The other thing to think about is the URL, or the website address you are going to have. If you look at my blog website address, you can see that it says trytoworkathome.blogspot.com This is because you are setting up your blog with Blogspot, which is the actual domain, and YOUR name for your blog URL is a what is called a "subdomain". The name that you call your blog and the subdomain do not have to be the same, but it is nice to be consistent. I did not have that luxury though. The title of my blog had already been taken as the URL subdomain, so I had to search for something else. I wasn't as prepared for that as I am trying to prepare you to be, so......well, I did my best and got what I got. I'm pretty sure I can change it to something better later. And I think you can import other blogs into other blogs and such, so I'm not really worried about it at this time.

Another thing about the URL of your blog is that, if you actually buy a URL with your own www.whateveryouwanttonameyourwebsite.com, you can. Then you can redirect that URL to point to the blog you already have set up. Pretty cool, huh ?! I will be doing this later on as well, but of course, I want my blog that you are reading now to be more self sufficient.

You can help me do that by donating via the PayPal link at the top right of this page. ANY amount is greatly appreciated ! Thank you !

(P.S. - we will continue the Google Adsense discussion in the next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment