Friday, January 8, 2010

Still Continuing The First Stage - The Work At Home Experiment

Forth post and moving right along. I think I did better on the last post in keeping things relatively short. And as I write, it is amazing to me how the human brain works, thinking about what I am going to write next, the best way to lay it out, and ideas for future profits. Wow ! I am actually REALLY starting to enjoy this !

Back on the Google AdSense stuff. You have your Gmail set up, you have opened your log so you can start writing. You can go ahead start doing that if you want to. You will probably want to set up your actual settings in the blog "Dashboard", the area that you control information and layouts of the blog with. It also controls how you make your money, or rather, the "things" you make your money with.

Let me just be brief, since this isn't an instruction manual for blogging. It's a diary for how to make money with it. But what you have in the simplest form are the Posting, Settings, Layout, and Monetize tabs.

The Posting tab is, of course, where you go to write your postings that people will read. Just look around while your in there, it's pretty simple. You'll get the hang of it.

The Settings tab is where you make changes like the name of your title of your complete blog, description of it (which I have yet to do, lol !), choosing to show your blog in the blog site listings and showing in the search engines. Again, pretty simple.

The Layout tab is bit more important. It is how you customize your blog look and arrangement. And it is where you choose, once your set up for the money making parts of things, where exactly on the site those money making gadgets will be placed. For instance, if you are already set up for Google AdSense, Amazon, or want to ad a PayPal link, you do all that here. The blog layout has what are called "Gadgets". They are like mini web programs that perform a specific function, or allow you the space to perform a custom function.

Clicking on Add a Gadget brings up a pop up window with lots of choices. Read through the choices a bit. there are a ton of them ! But one of the most popular choices is AdSense. You pick the color of the ads and the size and etc. You save it, and it displays the Google Ads in that location of where you clicked the Gadget in the first place. Play around with it. It's pretty cool and ULTRA easy.

Then are the third party applications that you can add through Gadgets. Like my PayPal link in the upper right corner of this blog. I want people to donate to my blog so I can continue this quest of making money online and working at home. I had to have a PayPal account, which I had already. I just had to get the code from PayPal's site in order to create the button. Copy it from PayPal's site, click on Add a Gadget in my blog...( and this the tricky part !)...choose HTML/JavaScript. I didn't know this at first and couldn't figure out where to add something like PayPal to my blog. But now that I know, I'm passing the info along. That is what this blog is for. To make things easier for you. Love me ? Yes you do, I know you do !

So looking through the layout section is essential to getting to know what is going on about where things go. The other sub-tabs are self explanatory as well. Same as the other tabs.

Now for the REALLY big one...the Monetize tab ! This is the miracle tab that can really make your blog site make money. And since this blog posting is getting a little long, I think I will go into it in the next post. It won't take long, because some the things that are there when you are starting up are gone once ARE set up. And I can't really give a play by play the way I would like to. But it IS important enough to talk about.

In the meantime, please donate to my site via the PayPal link in the upper right hand corner. ANYTHING you donate is greatly appreciated ! Thank you !

No comments:

Post a Comment